While creating lasting, beautiful pieces for women is at the core of what we do, we now do it while making a difference by operating an eco-friendly, sustainable and ethical business.
Here is how we're making a difference:
- All BIANKO packaging boxes are made from eco-friendly materials
- Our post bags are 100% compostable
- The tissue paper and stickers used in packaging are created with soy ink (made from soybeans as opposed to traditional petroleum-based ink) and acid-free paper
- By partnering with the NOISSUE packaging company, we have joined an eco-packaging alliance where every order contributes to global reforestation. Our recent order just planted trees in Guatemala!
- Majority of our orders are shipped with Sendle which is Australia's first 100% carbon neutral delivery service. Whatever CO2e that is emitted from their operations is 100% offset (through reforestation, beekeeping, replacing old technology with efficient equipment etc) meaning the net release of CO2e is zero.
- The factory in which our pieces are manufactured has received their SEDEX certification, meaning they adhere to the global standards of ethical, sustainable and responsible business practices. This is quite a significant achievement as it enforces things like equal pay for male and female employees and equal representation of male/female in management positions, pay for overtime worked, maternity leave, etc.
In addition, each piece of BIANKO jewellery is created using sustainably sourced sterling silver, gold, natural pearls, and ethically-sourced gemstones, ensuring the highest quality and beautiful craftsmanship. We are proud of our efforts and we want you to feel that with every piece of BIANKO treasure you own, you are helping us make a difference.
In light of these changes we also wanted to share our favourite sustainable brands helping us make a daily difference
Reusable coffee cups are a no-brainer. Keep Cup is our number one choice! They're easy to clean, have a leak-proof lid, come in the exact coffee sizes you're used to and have a cute range of colours you can personalise!
Reusable drink bottles are not only better for the environment but also better for your health and better for the thirsty you who certainly doesn't want a luke-warm drink of water on a hot day! The Corcicle bottles also come in a huge range of designs so finding one that suits you has never been easier.
The environmentally friendly toilet paper, that builds toilets for those in need! How cool is that!
At Who Gives A Crap, all of the products are made without trees, so they’re being kind to mama nature – because she’s amazing!
We underestimate how much baking paper, glad wrap, alfoil, and sandwich bags we use in one year. If you care creates the most environmentally friendly kitchen and household product and they also support sustainable forestry.
You're much more likely to remember your reusable shopping bag if you like the way it looks. And as great as they are, the daggy Coles, Woolies and Aldi ones are not the most fab to be swinging around. Project Ten has some incredible designs and options such as mesh produce bags, different size shoppers (we've used the biggest as a beach bag) and little zip clutches that can fit within your handbag to house smaller goods.
Are you ready for the coolest thing since sliced bread? A reusable notebook!! The rocketbook provides the freedom of a traditional pen and paper notebook, while instantly blasting your notes into the cloud using your smartphone.
When you use Pilot FriXion pens with the Wave notebook, you can erase your notes using your microwave oven and reuse your notebook. Welcome to the future!
Air Dryer Brush
An environmentally friendly, cruelty-free hair brush specially designed to dry hair 40% faster for less heat damage and faster prep time. Sign us right up!
We would love to hear from you about some of your favourite eco-friendly products so leave us a comment below!