Acclaimed television presenter, journalist, host, and our ultimate style crush (Harper's Bazaar Australia and Moet & Chandon seem to agree with us, crowning her the best dressed) - we sat down with the incredibly gorgeous and down-to-earth Abbey Way (nee Gelmi) to ask her a few questions about her top style tips for the season ahead and to get some insider tips on how to nail that effortlessly chic style.
1. What are some of the key trends you are seeing for SS20?A trend I’m seeing at the moment is a return to simplicity. Really classic silhouettes and block colouring which I love. I think statement jewellery is also having a moment which I’m totally here for!
2. Your personal style is incredible, where do you draw the inspiration?That's so kind of you, thank you! I'm lucky enough to have worked with stylists like Jess Pecracaro, Lana Wilkinson and Suze Eskander, so I've learnt so much by watching what they do. My style when I'm not at work is very much jeans and a tee. As I'm getting a bit older I'm investing more in fashion and I think having key pieces you really love is important. I also don't really follow trends. I know what shapes I feel my best in and look for those. No use being the most fashion-forward person in the room if you don't feel comfortable.
3. Who are some of your go-to designers for special occasions?Oh, there are a few! I love Lillian Khallouf, Rachel Gilbert, Dion Lee and I feel like everything I own is Lover at the moment. Aje's recent collection is next level, their play on volume is so beautiful.
4. What about your favourite brands for everyday style? Any secret websites you can share?For every day I love Bassike, Assembly Label, Steele, Lover and Levi's. I like shopping Australian brands mostly so websites like australianfashionlabels.com.au are great, and Netaporter if I'm feeling naughty.
5. How do you plan your outfits?Haphazardly if I'm honest. I'm very lucky to work with the stylists I do.
6. What are your 3 must-have pieces for the coming season?
Classic Racer Tank
Perfectly Tailored Dress Pants
.. For every season
7. Which celebrity's wardrobe would you most like to raid?Rosie Huntington Whiteley never puts a foot wrong in my books. Or Elle Ferguson... actually Elle's so god damn lovely, if I asked she'd probably let me raid it. I adore her.
8. What are your top 3 never fail wardrobe essentials?White Tee
Great pair of jeans
If you're as obsessed with Abbey as we are and you want to track her style, you can find her here --> @abbey_way